Course Objective: To enable the participants acquire requisite knowledge, awareness and competencies in the preparation and submission of timely & quality reports.
The report writing course entails an introduction to the type of information and formats used for project progress report writing for own use, and for submission to donors and partners. A typical format will be used in this course only as an illustration. The content of this course is aimed at equipping the participants with the necessary skills in gathering of the information, designing of formats and the actual writing and presentation of project progress reports.
Course Content: The course topics will include the following:
- Target audience in reporting
- Why project progress reports?
- Link between report writing and detailed activity plans/immediate milestones
- Information needs in reporting
- General tips on report writing
- Formats for progress reports
- Reporting on project implementation
- Reporting on project management/Administration
- Reporting on budgets and project costs
- Common challenges with reports and reporting
- The way forward with reports and reporting
Target Group: Project managers and coordinators, development workers/field workers, social workers, field animators, interns and development volunteers.
Dates and Venue:
- To be announced
Duration: 5 days
Course fees: US$600 including tuition, food and accommodation